Monday, June 5, 2017

Alexandria - Gus S.

Alexandria:



We arrived at Alexandria, our stomachs rocking back and forth like the sway of the waves we were riding. My master had a friend that owned a villa in Alexandria, so that's where we were to stay. His name was Barbillus, and he was a slave trader, he was not a very nice man, but the fact that he accommodated us in his home was enough for me not to care. It was nice, with marble pillars, a balcony, even some slaves, who I got to talk to. After we settled in my master took me to see the greatest thing I had ever seen, for the time being, it was the lighthouse/Pharos of Alexandria! It was huge, it could have been even taller than 350 feet! It had a bright indistinguishable object at the top of the lighthouse. The light was so bright it looked as if you could see it from hundreds of miles away. My master looked even more impressed than I did, his eyes were wide open, and his jaw was gaping. He quickly conducted himself though and started to sketch, he told me I could ask someone if I could go in, but I was to scared. We then went to the market and bought some beer, a drink tastes like bread with water. We also bought some bread and spices like coriander and salt. These purchases were for our next journey the Pyramids of Giza another magnificent sight right within our reach. This was my master's favorite architectural wonder, not because of the interest of the outside, but the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment